Whether you’re having a bit of a day, or you’re feeling like you might be getting off track, or you need a little push to finally take that small but oh-so-crucial first step toward your new, amazing life full of exciting, novel adventures, we’ve got you covered!
There’s no point reinventing the wheel when our globe has been blessed with so many clever, inspirational individuals who’ve already been there and done that, and to make it even easier for you, we’ve searched high and low for the best “saying yes” quotes out there. Wanna see them? Well, get scrolling!
Pro Tip: Find one or two quotes (or more!) that resonate with you and print them, write them on a post-it – or even have them tattooed! – for whenever you need a reminder!
1. You can’t change what’s going on around you until you start changing what’s going on within you. – Unknown
2. Do something today that your future self will thank you for. – Patrick Flanery
3. Sometimes later becomes never. Do it now. – Unknown
4. Worry does nothing but steal your joy and keep you very busy doing nothing. – Unknown
5. Remember that fear is just a trick being played on you by the ego. – Fabienne Fredrickson
6. Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action. – Walter Anderson
7. The key to growth is acknowledging your fear of the unknown and jumping in anyway. – Jen Sincero
8. Life’s not a spectator sport, if watching’s all you’re gonna do, then you’re gonna watch your life go by without you. – Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre-Dam
9. It’s ok to fear failure; it keeps you from failing. – me
10. Say yes and you’ll figure it out afterwards. – Tina Fey
11. Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re probably right. – Henry Ford
12. We have two lives. The second one starts when we realize we only have one. – Tom Hiddleston
13. Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life. – Eleanor Roosevelt
14. If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one. – Dolly Parton
15. Life is what happens between WiFi signals. – Unknown
16. Look inside yourself for the answers – you’re the only one who knows what’s best for you. Everyone else is just guessing. – Charles de Lint
17. Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a ride!’ – Hunter S. Thompson
18. There is an immeasurable distance between late and too late. – Og Mandino
19. The only people who see the whole picture […] are the ones who step out of the frame. – Salman Rushdie
20. Life is too important to be taken seriously. – Oscar Wilde
21. The secret to happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less. – Socrates
22. Never give up in a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale
23. If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal. Not to people or things. – Albert Einstein
24. You think it’s boring now? Well, it only gets more boring. The sooner you learn it’s on you to make life interesting, the better off you’ll be. – Maria Semple
25. You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do. – Carl Gustav Jung
26. Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. – Robert Breault
27. Every day, it’s important to ask and answer these questions: ‘what’s good in my life?’ and ‘what needs to be done?’ – Nathaniel Branden
28. Don’t be afraid your life will end; be afraid that it will never begin. – Grace Hansen
29. Ordinary riches can be stolen; real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you. – Oscar Wilde
30. Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist. – Pablo Picasso
31. Admit defeat, and defeat will surely admit you into permanent custody. – An Extremely Goofy Movie
32. The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters. – Audrey Hepburn
33. And then there is the most dangerous risk of all – the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. – Randy Komisar
34. Throw caution to the wind and just do it. – Carrie Underwood
35. One travels to run away from routine, that dreadful routine that kills all imagination and all our capacity for enthusiasm. – Ella Maillart
36. It’s time to remember what it’s like to feel alive. – Northlane
37. If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet. – Rachel Wolchin
38. You never fail until you stop trying. – Albert Einstein
39. It’s easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. – Benjamin Franklin
40. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try. – Seth Godin
41. It’s being here now that’s important. There’s no past and there’s no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. – George Harrison
42. I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom. – Thomas Carlyle
43. Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. – Les Brown
44. Go where you feel most alive. – Unknown
45. Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. – Leo Buscaglia
46. A head full of fears has no space for dreams. – Unknown
47. Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax. – Mark Black
Here are two adapted, refurbished and revamped movie quotes for you. We did our best.
I’ve got a feeling we’re not in the office anymore.
I love the smell of adventure in the morning.
Please let us know your favorites!